Premier League matchday 31 - Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal
Posted 03. april 2015
The Barclays Premier League returns for the final stretch of the season after the international break with a full round of fixtures in Matchweek 31, and we have picked out the key facts and figures for this weekend's action.
Will Wayne Rooney continue to haunt Aston Villa and add to his impressive record at Old Trafford? Will Sunderland continue to be the scourge of their rivals Newcastle United?
- Matches between Arsenal and Liverpool have had more hat-tricks than any other fixtue in Barclays Premier League history (five).
- There have been eight 90th-minute goals and two scored in the 45th minute in the last 12 BPL meetings between Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last 18 league matches against Arsenal.
- Only Manchester United (seven) have won away at Arsenal more often than Liverpool (six) in the BPL.
- Manchester United have 31 Barclays Premier League wins against Aston Villa, the joint-highest of a team against an opponent in the competition (along with Man Utd v Everton).
- Wayne Rooney has 12 goals against Aston Villa, his joint-highest tally against an opponent in the BPL along with Newcastle United. *He has eight goals in his last six at Old Trafford against Villa, netting four braces.
- Villa are the only side in the top flight for whom a substitute has yet to score or assist a goal this season.
- Rooney has 95 goals at Old Trafford. Only Alan Shearer, with 97 at St James' Park (incuding two for Blackburn Rovers), and Thierry Henry, with 114 at Highbury, have scored more goals at one stadium in the BPL.
- Sunderland are unbeaten in their last six Barclays Premier League matches against Newcastle United (W4 D2), winning the last four.
- Newcastle have had nine of their goals scored by substitutes in this league campaign, more than any other side.
- Sunderland have won two of their last 16 league matches at the Stadium of Light (W2 D7 L7) and have not scored in four of their last five home matches in the BPL.
- Sunderland have had seen goalless draws this season. The record in a BPL campaign is nine: Sheffield United in 1993/94; Leeds United in 1996/97.