Europa League TOP16, 2nd round
Posted 17. march 2015
The first leg of Europa League matches had some awesome monents - the fastest goal in the UEFA Europa League (Sevilla FC's forward Vitolo 13sec goal), a first defeat for FC Dinamo Moskva (SSC Napoli 3:1), FC Zenit's latest home win and yet another SSC Napoli hat-trick (Gonzalo Higuaín).
- Inter are unbeaten in 11 European home games (W7 D4) and have kept clean sheets in four of their five UEFA home encounters this season.
- Wolfsburg are unbeaten in their last three European away games (W2 D1), and have not conceded in their last two UEFA fixtures on the road.
- Inter lost out to Tottenham Hotspur FC on away goals in their last round of 16 appearance in 2012/13, a 4-1 extra-time home win not enough to overturn a 3-0 first-leg deficit.
- Wolfsburg have reached this stage for the first time since they were eliminated from the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League in the quarter-finals by Fulham FC.
- The fastest goal in UEFA Europa League history set the holders on their way to first-leg victory, Vitolo on target after just 13.21 seconds at El Madrigal, beating the previous record of 15.19 seconds set by AEK Athens FC's Ismael Blanco in the inaugural season of the competition on 5 November 2009.
- Villarreal have met Spanish opponents in seven UEFA games with the record W1 D2 L4. In terms of two-legged ties, their record against their fellow countrymen is W1 L2.
- Sevilla have won their last six European home games since that aforementioned 2-0 loss to Betis.
- Villarreal have won three of their five European away games this season (W3 D1 L1), with all of those victories coming by margins of two goals or more (3-0, 2-0, 3-1).