Europa League semi-finals, 1st leg
Posted 05. may 2015
Same thing as in Champions League, Europa League has starting to come to it's conclusion. SSC Napoli and FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk have met before in the UEFA Europa League, while Sevilla FC are edging towards their second successful defence as they square up to ACF Fiorentina in the UEFA Europa League semi-finals. Napoli have not reached the semi-finals of a major UEFA tournament since they won the UEFA Cup in 1988/89, Dnipro's biggest previous European successes were making it to the quarter-finals of the European Champion Clubs' Cup in 1984/85 and 1989/90. Sevilla have never been eliminated in a European semi-final, winning all three of their previous last-four ties, Fiorentina have won four of their six European semi-finals.
- Dnipro are Napoli's only previous Ukrainian opponents.
- Dnipro's record in eight UEFA games against Italian clubs is (W1 D1 L6).
- Napoli are unbeaten in 12 European home games (W9 D3 L0).
- The sides are meeting for the first time in UEFA competition.
- Sevilla's record against Italian clubs is (W0 D1 L3).
- Sevilla have won their last eight European home games – including all six this season.
- Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last 12 European away games (W8 D4 L0).