Champions League TOP16, 2nd leg matches
Posted 17. march 2015
Quater-finalists will be announced after all the 2nd leg matches! There were couple of surprises in the 1st leg - Shakhtar Donetsk and Bayerni 0:0 draw, Monaco 3:1 victory in London against Arsenal and Leverkusen 1:0 W against Atletico. Bayern should probably have no problems against Shakhtar at home, Atletico has some work to do against Leverkusen at home, but Arsenal is in deep trouble against Monaco. Will see who will move forward to the quater-finals at the end of the day.
- Beaten 3-1 in north London, Arsenal must do what no other side has managed in the UEFA Champions League era: win having gone into an away tie needing to score more than once to avoid elimination.
- Monaco are eyeing their first UEFA Champions League quarter-final since 2003/04, the season they went all the way to the final.
- Monaco are unbeaten in eight European games at Stade Louis II.
- This is Arsenal's 15th consecutive appearance in the last 16.
- Arsenal have a 100% record (W4 L0) in two-legged ties against French teams.
- Atletico are looking to reach the quarter-finals of the European Cup for the seventh time.
- Atlético have won 20 of their last 22 European matches at the Vicente Calderón.
- Atlético's overall home record against Bundesliga clubs is W9 D2 L3.
- The Madrid club have won ten of the 19 UEFA competition ties in which they lost the away first leg.
- The Bundesliga team's overall record in Spain is W3 D2 L9.