Premier League matchday 34 - Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU
Posted 24. april 2015
The Premier League end is exactly one month away and everything is still open. Chelsea leads the way with 76 points, Arsenal follows with 66, ManU with 65 and City with 64 points. This weeks "game of the week" is ofcourse Arsenal vs Chelsea. Jose Mourinho has an unbeaten record against Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger - will it hold? Everton meets United at the same day and City hosts Aston Villa at the end of Saturday. Villa is on a hot streak so this will be exciting to see, what they can do against City. All of our favorites are lined up and ready for battle!
- Olivier Giroud has scored 10 goals in his last 12 matches in all competitions.
- Jose Mourinho has never lost as an opposition manager against Arsene Wenger in any competition (W7 D5 L0).
- Chelsea have scored first in all 20 of their matches in all competitions in 2015.
- The only team to lose to an opponent in the BPL on more occasions than Everton against Manchester United (31) is Aston Villa versus the Red Devils (32).
- Four different players have taken a penalty for Everton in the 2014-15 season, and three have missed, including Leighton Baines at Old Trafford against Man Utd in the reverse fixture.
- United have suffered a defeat in each of their last two league trips to Goodison Park (1-0 in Aug 2012 and 2-0 in Apr 2014), and have never lost three in a row at Everton in the competition's history.
- Manchester City have won more Barclays Premier League matches (20) and scored more goals (65) versus Aston Villa than against any other team.
- Sergio Aguero has now reached 20 goals in two different BPL seasons; only four players have done it more often in the competition's history (Alan Shearer - 7, Thierry Henry - 5, Ruud van Nistelrooy - 4, Les Ferdinand - 3).
- Christian Benteke has scored nine goals in nine competitive matches under Tim Sherwood.