Premier League 28th Matchday - Chelsea, ManCity, Arsenal
Posted 03. march 2015
The Barclays Premier League continues this week with a full programme of matches being played on Tuesday and Wednesday night, including Hull City's home fixture with Sunderland, Aston Villa hosting West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle United hosting Manchester United and West Ham United takes on league leaders Chelsea.
Thuesday 03.03 matches
- Steve Bruce has five wins in a row as a coach in this fixture, the first two as Sunderland manager and the last three in charge of Hull City.
- After losing the first four Barclays Premier League matches against Sunderland, Hull have won the last three.
- There have been six red cards in seven BPL matches between Hull City and Sunderland, with five coming in the last four meetings.
- The Tigers have conceded 11 goals from outside the box this season, the most in the division, but only 11% of the goals Hull have conceded have come from set pieces, the lowest proportion in the top flight.
- Aston Villa have won only one of the last eight Barclays Premier League matches against West Bromwich Albion (W1 D4 L3).
- Joleon Lescott has scored five BPL goals against Aston Villa, making them by far his most favoured opponent in the top flight.
- Aston Villa have fired in the fewest shots on target in the Barclays Premier League this season (72) and have the lowest conversion rate (6.6%).
- All of West Brom's seven BPL victories this season have come with a clean sheet.
Wednesday 04.03 matches
- Newcastle have failed to score in three of their last four home BPL meetings with Man Utd, though they did win the other 3-0.
- Against no other side has Wayne Rooney scored more Barclays Premier League goals than his 12 against Newcastle (a joint-high with Aston Villa).
- Newcastle have won only two of their last 24 BPL matches against Man Utd (W2 D5 L17).
- Papiss Cisse has the best minutes per goal rate in the Barclays Premier League this season (min. 4 goals); one every 84 minutes.
- Jose Mourinho has yet to be beaten in seven Barclays Premier League matches against West Ham (W6 D1), while Chelsea have won 13 and lost one of their last 17 BPL matches against the Hammers.
- West Ham have failed to score in five of their last six Barclays Premier League matches against Chelsea, including the last four in a row.
- Only one team has prevented Chelsea from scoring in their last 27 Barclays Premier League matches (Sunderland).
- The Hammers have won only one of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches (W1 D5 L4).