Euroleague TOP16, 10th round matches
Posted 10. march 2015
Round 10 of the Top 16 could prove the first that determines teams that qualify for the 2014-15 Turkish Airlines Euroleague Playoffs! With victories, two group leaders holding 8-1 records – Real Madrid and Olympiacos Piraeus - can become first teams this season to clinch playoff berths. Meanwhile, each of the remaining 14 teams is still a playoff hopeful. Evenly split over Thursday and Friday with four games each, Round 10 of the Top 16 has all the ingredients to be a special one.
- Both teams have met 34 times in their history, with Barcelona holding 21-13.
- The last time Maccabi won in Palau Blaugrana was in the 2005-06 regular season, but when they the Top 16 Round 3, Maccabi edged Barcelona at home 70-68.
- Barcelona has won five of its last six games by an average margin of 10.2 points.
- It is a must-win game for Zalgiris if it wants to keep realistic chances of advancing.
- Panathinaikos is anxious to end it's two-game losing streak.
- Panathinaikos ranks third in the Top 16, allowing 72.9 points per game.
- Olympiacos Piraeus (8-1) hopes to claim a playoff spot.
- Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul (7-2) has won eight consecutive matches and nine of 10 away games this season.
- Olympiacos can secure a home-court advantage in the playoffs.