Bundesliga 23rd Matchday - Bayern, Wolfsburg, Gladbach
Posted 27. february 2015
No derby quite compares to this special meeting between Ruhr district arch rivals Dortmund and Schalke. For many diehards, the result of this one can make or break an entire season, and while the players are professionally obliged to maintain the one-game-at-a-time mantra, they will also savour the ultimate German derby for the unique occasion that it is. Saturday's Matchday 23 tussle at the Signal Iduna Park will be the 86th top-flight meeting of schwarz-gelb and königsblau and statistically, the duel is finely, indeed uncannily balanced at 30 wins apiece and 25 draws.
- Schalke has won 5, lost 1 and draw 4 of it's last 10 games.
- Borussia has won 4, lost 4 and draw 2 of it's last 10 games.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored four times in his last three league games and also scored in the return fixture, a 2-1 win for Schalke.
- Schalke have conceded 14 penalties against Dortmund, more than against any other team in the division, and have been awarded just six themselves.
- Hamburger SV had a 1:1 draw in their last game against Gladbach.
- Eintracht Frankfurt have conceded the joint-most goals (44) in the league.
- Eintracht lost to their main rivals 1. FSV Mainz 05 3:1 in their last match.
- Both Bremen and Wolfsburg have won four and drawn one in 2015.
- Bremen's Franco Di Santo have scored 10 in 15 league appearances.
- Bas Dost has a staggering seven in his last three !!!
- Bremen is 8th and Wolfsburg 2nd in the league table.